ICS Diamond Tools (www.icsdiamondtools.com), the flagship brand within the Concrete Cutting & Finishing (CCF) Business Unit with Blount International, Inc. has an exceptional Manufacturing Engineer opportunity at our facility in Prescott, Arizona, where Merit Flat Saws are manufactured.
Founded in 2011, Merit Flat Saws designs and manufactures innovative, dependable, and user-friendly saws for the professional concrete cutter. Our saws are handcrafted and made to order from high-quality materials that are machined and assembled in the USA and distributed globally.
As part of the Blount International Inc. family, Merit gives employees the advantage of a large company with the agility of a small enterprise.
We are committed to excellence in our people, products, performance, and profits. We believe our team members are the foundation of our Company's success and we are committed good relationships with our Team Members, continuous improvement and learning, exceptional quality, and connecting with our customer.
The successful candidate apply manufacturing engineering and project management skills to plan, coordinate, and implement cost effective manufacturing processes that integrate equipment and personnel for our Concrete Cutting and Finishing (CCF) products.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Work closely with the Operations Manager/Site Leader as a member of the plant leadership team, within defined processes, procedures, and methodologies to help determine the appropriate approach for new assignments
• Provide solutions to problems in situations that are atypical or infrequently occurring, based on existing precedents or procedures
• Work on manufacturing process problems dealing with production equipment problems, low efficiencies, quality, and safety issues
• Prepare project scope document and time lines, and manage changes against project schedule, scope, and cost while successfully managing project dependencies and constraints
• Create and implement corrective actions to production issues and identifies opportunities for improvement
• Interpret product, gauging, tooling, and production fixture prints while also creating and improving gauging
• Provide design for manufacturability (DFM) input to design team and work in collaboration with design team to implement new products or changes to existing products
• Obtain and maintain basic tools and gauges needed for the department
• Facilitate and support Blount engineering processes & procedures at Merit
• Communicate technical concepts and information in non-technical, more easily understandable terms and effectively communicate status to stakeholders; provide informal guidance and support to more junior Team Members
• Create an atmosphere in which timely and high quality information flows smoothly between oneself and others; encourages the open expression of ideas and opinions
• B.S. in Mechanical, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent discipline required, or 15+ years’ experience as a lead person or technical supervisor in a manufacturing department.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED:
• 5 - 8 or more years of relevant Manufacturing Engineering experience
• Experience with metal fabrication and/or machining a plus; design of sheet metal parts, weldments, mechanical assemblies, structures, machinery and hydraulic power transmission systems preferred
• Prior experience with welding (MIG & TIG) a plus
• SolidWorks, AutoCAD, or other CAD experience
• Knowledgeable with mechanical systems and manufacturing building requirements with the ability to troubleshoot manufacturing equipment
• Experience in establishing proactive plans that support business needs and to gain, align, and coordinate resources to implement these plans to meet commitments
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills; able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
• Proficiency with setting up manufacturing process quality plans. Capable of prioritization to ensure that resources are used on highest value added initiatives
• Demonstrated ability to apply statistical methods to analysis and process monitoring and demonstrated innovative problem solving
• Collaborative and effective team player and able to work with teams who are globally dispersed
• Demonstrate ability and willingness to learn; seek out development activities to improve skills and increase knowledge; learn from other team members and own mistakes
• Take initiative, seek and act on opportunities to improve organization performance
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel) and data management software (SAP preferred)
• Available to work on site as required by job; eligible for occasional domestic and international travel, up to two weeks’ duration.
ABOUT BLOUNT INTERNATIONAL, INC:
Blount is a global manufacturer and marketer of replacement parts, equipment, and accessories for consumers and professionals operating primarily in two market segments: Forestry, Lawn, and Garden (“FLAG”); and Farm, Ranch, and Agriculture (“FRAG”). Blount also sells products in the construction markets and is the market leader in saw chain and guide bars for chain saws. We also supply original equipment manufacturers (OEM) with cutting attachments.
Blount offers products under the brand names of OREGON®, Carlton®, Woods®, KOX, SpeeCo®, ICS®, Merit, and Pentruder. For more information, visit www.blount.com.
Blount will only employ those who are legally authorized to work. Any offer of employment is contingent on the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.